Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
The 1D CFD Thermal Simulation Engineer has the exciting job of developing 1D simulation model at the full vehicle level. The ideal candidate should have a strong passion for cars, technology and engineering with a background in mechanical engineering education and 2+ years of working experience within the industry.
- Responsible for building and developing 1D simulation model at full vehicle level with emphasis on powertrain heat transfer, aerodynamics, vehicle dynamics and control logic.
- Integration of the vehicle sub-systems into a single vehicle 1D model.
- In charge of coupling between various 1D models (built on Python or “C” language or MATLAB scripts) from other departments and may also work on 1D-3D coupled CFD simulations.
- Applying continuous improvement methods and optimization tools to improve system efficiency.
- Interacting with other departments or suppliers to collect input data for simulation and model building.
- Providing suggestions and improvements after analyzing simulation and experimental data.
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Write technical documents, prepare presentations and communicate the results to higher leadership.
- Good level of programming knowledge in relevant 1D tools to various control parameters of components such as inverters, batteries, and electric motors.
- Good knowledge of Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Vehicle Dynamics.
- Good knowledge of powertrain systems of electric vehicles.
- At least two years of experience with 1D modeling tools and programming.
- Proven analytical abilities with at least one of the following modeling tools: MATLAB and Simulink, GT-SUITE, Dymola, AVL or AMESim.
- Relevant experience in the Automotive industry
- Your commitment to project plan and deliverables.
- Good communication and organization skills.
3. What we offer
- The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
- Family-like and open work environment
- Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support for transportation
- Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.