Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
We are looking for Battery Algorithm Team Lead with experience developing estimation algorithms focused on Li-Ion battery packs.
You will lead a small team of 2-3 junior engineers in improving and building State-of-charge, State-of-power and State-of-health algorithms suited for high-power electric vehicles. You will work closely with battery systems design teams to understand the mechanical and electrical makeup of a battery pack, plan and supervise tests, and assist in improving battery virtual models. You will also collaborate with embedded software engineering teams to integrate your algorithms into battery monitoring system hardware and ensure that they run correctly in real-time.
• Developing battery state estimation algorithms
• Leading a small team of junior engineers
• Using optimization algorithms with test automation to quickly test multiple hypotheses and converge on an optimal solution
• Defining and overseeing hardware-in-the-loop and real-world battery testing
• Analysis and interpretation of test data
• Defining system architecture to ensure proper functionality and functional safety
• Working cross-functionally with battery design, battery testing and embedded software teams
• Producing documentation describing the system architecture
• Producing reports describing project progress
• Experience with developing battery state estimation algorithms – SoC, SoP, SoH
• Experience with using and fitting battery Equivalent Circuit Models (ECM)
• Advanced knowledge of linear and nonlinear estimation algorithm design
• Knowledge of classical and nonlinear control theory
• Proficiency in the use of optimization algorithms
• Experience in defining or running tests on cells in a laboratory setting
• Proficiency in the use of Matlab/Simulink for estimation algorithm design, data analysis and visualization
• Familiarity with C/C++
• Excellent English in writing and speaking
3. Optional Competencies
• Experience with Modelica/Dymola
• Knowledge of automotive functional safety principles according to ISO26262
4. What we offer
• The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
• Family-like and open work environment
• Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
• Competitive compensation package
• Financial support for transportation
• Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other non-work-related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.