Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
The Battery R&D Engineer has the exciting job of developing solutions which will be used in battery systems and subsystems for high-performance vehicles. The candidate for this role must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. This role requires a good understanding of mechanical and electrical (basic) engineering. The Battery Systems Engineering team collaborates closely with other departments and works on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today. As a fast-moving company, we adopt new techniques and technologies on a regular basis so the candidate must be ready for constant learning and embracing new technologies.
• CAD modeling of the battery pack components
• Components validation plans and test methods
• Developing crucial battery pack components (holders, cooling, interconnections, etc.)
• Electrical components layout – co-work with electrical engineers
• Technical drawings and production documentation
• Providing support to assembly and testing teams during product operations
• Providing support to ongoing product and process improvement and development
2. Main tasks:
• Battery pack systems and subsystems research and development
• CAD modeling in collaboration with other team members
• Design, development and release of components and system specifications
• Supervising the testing of finished products and systems
• Advanced knowledge of CAD software (preferably Catia or Solidworks)
• Experience in one (or more) of the following production processes: injection molding (plastics), metal stamping, laser welding
• Experience with product and process validation
• Good knowledge of Lithium-based battery cells
• Self-organized and goal-oriented
• Very good understanding of mechanical structures
• Good knowledge of thermodynamics
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential
• Communicative teamwork player
• Bachelor's or higher degree in the relevant field of study
• At least 1 year of professional experience
4. Considered as an advantage:
• Extensive experience in engineering development
• Extensive experience in designing injection molded parts
• Good knowledge of production technology
• Experience in cooling system design
• Understanding of electro-mechanical components
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.