Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We are currently looking for a Battery Systems Electrical Designer in the Battery Systems Engineering Department at Rimac Automobili. As the Battery Systems Electrical Designer, you would be working with Electrical and Battery Systems engineers in an open space workspace. You would be a part of the Components R&D Department of Rimac Automobili and you would be involved in OEM projects, along with internal company projects. Your involvement would be required during different project phases, such as the electrical architecture design, systems design, integration, validation, system optimization and preparation for serial production.
All applications and CV must be in English
• Defining the electrical architecture for battery packs and their auxiliary subsystems (develop EE-Architecture packaging for battery systems)
• Participating in the definition of requirements for new products that should be developed by Rimac Automobili or external suppliers
• Development of wiring inside battery pack and between battery pack and different control units of the whole vehicle
• Development of the pinout and connection schemes documentation
• Selection of the connectors and wires dependent on their requirements, such as current carrying capability, insulation, EMI immunity and other mechanical requirements
• Selection of HV components (contactors, fuses …) and LV components (sensors, relays …) for electrical vehicles
• Participating in the design of systems which must be in compliance with the automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environmental, and other automotive requirements
• Research in the field of work
• The candidate will be the contact person for the supplier support
• Providing support for Electrical and Mechanical engineers in the system design phase
• Providing support for the Wiring assembly teams during production
• Familiarity with automotive electrical architecture and the automotive communication protocols
• Basic understanding of mechanics, electric systems and control algorithms, and have the ability to apply them in the automotive environment
• Basic experience with wiring harnesses
• Ability able to work in a multidisciplinary team with Hardware, Software, Mechanical and Battery system Engineers
• Bachelor or higher Degree
• Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
3) Considered as an advantage:
• Experience with the mechanical integration of the wiring in the enclosures and the ability to understand mechanical requirements
• Experience with Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
• Experience with EPLAN, AutoCAD Electrical or any other electrical design tool
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.