Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
The candidate for this role must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. This role requires a dependable and methodical Engineer for our R&D team to find and evaluate the performance (thermal, mechanical) of our cells, modules, and packs and prototype, and test concepts for the next generation of battery technology.
• Research, acquire and validate materials and technologies to improve battery cell interconnections
• Improving interconnection design to decrease losses, increase safety and improve manufacturability
• Making technical drawings and production documentation
2. Main tasks:
• To research, acquire, validate materials and technologies to improve interconnection welding technology
• To test battery cell weldments and other interconnections
• To design, develop, release and build fixtures and tools for testing
• To design, develop, release and build solutions for the implementation of projects
• To design test specimens and test fixtures
• Calculation/simulation of losses on interconnection design
• Advanced knowledge of CAD software (preferably Catia)
• Good knowledge of Excel
• Good electrical knowledge
• Basic knowledge of Lithium-ion based battery cells, especially about lithium ion battery safety and dangers
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential
• Communicative teamwork player
• Dependable and methodical (strict attention to detail)
• Self-organized and goal-oriented
• At least 1 year of professional experience
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in the relevant field of study
4. Considered as an advantage:
• Experience in working with different welding technologies (laser welding, ultrasonic welding and etc.)
• Excellent knowledge about materials and their physical characteristics
• Extensive experience in the engineering development
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.