Rimac Automobili is looking for a BCU Embedded Software Engineer for interfaces. As a young technology company driven by innovation, Rimac is always looking for talented people with awesome ideas.
Rimac Automobili provides technology solutions for various vehicle manufacturers and companies in other industries, along with the development of our own Rimac Hypercars program. Our teams have developed both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One, as well as numerous other public and secret projects, positioning Rimac Automobili as a leader in the development and production of high-performance technology solutions.
For this position, you are required to keep an open mind and learn fast. Broad experience is helpful, but not essential. You will be developing embedded software for custom-made hardware used for the human-machine interface on the vehicle, such as buttons, switches and LED signal lights on the central console.
If you want to be a part of our team and work on challenging and exciting projects which aim to re-define the automotive and technology industries, let us know. We would love to hear from you.
• Design and implementation of software for BCU systems from requirements to serial production
• Design, development, coding, testing and debugging system software from low-level drivers to application algorithms
• Reviewing code and design
• Analyzing and enhancing efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Supporting software QA and optimizing performance
• Providing post-production support
• Interfacing with hardware design and development
• Developing firmware for custom hardware platforms
• Defining system hardware and software architecture
• System integration of firmware with hardware and mechanics
• Both Real-Time Operating system (RTOS) and “bare metal” programming
• ISO26262 compliance in development process (if required)
• Experience in software development in embedded projects
• MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or proven equivalent in experience
• Programming experience in C/C++
• Excellent knowledge of communication protocols (UART, CAN, SPI, LIN), interfaces and hardware subsystems
• Excellent understanding and development of low-level drivers for microcontroller peripherals – DI, DO, ADC, DAC, Timers, PWM, DMA, Watchdog, etc.
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, static code analysis, unit testing and peer review
• Basic knowledge of reading schematics and components data sheets
• Experience in usage of laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters and logic analyzers for debugging purposes
• Strong documentation and writing skills
• Self-organized and goal-oriented
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential
3. Considered as an advantage:
• Experience in the development and integration of products in the automotive sector
• Broad experience in engineering
• Experience in CAN tools such as Vector CANalyzer
• Experience in embedded hardware design
• ISO26262 development process experience