CMM Operator/Quality Technician
Rimac Automobili is looking to hire a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Technician. This employee will be programming and operating a Coordinate Measuring Machine (Wenzel LH87) to ensure that products conform to specified standards, assisting Program Quality Leaders and performing technical quality duties as assigned.
1. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop CMM programs using Metrosoft QUARITS for full part qualification during launch and in-process production inspection as required.
• Develop, utilize and evaluate SPC data for in-process part quality capabilities.
• Conduct statistical studies of process capability and process control to assist process engineers in achieving capability.
• Collaborate with in-house and external tooling/fixture suppliers to ensure robust measuring methods and setups.
• Consistently monitor the quality of the product and identify ways to improve accuracy and productivity.
• Make any necessary adjustments to data and routines by configuring hardware or software enhancing the quality-control capabilities of the machine
• Create and maintain moulding and assembly quality plans for new and acquired projects, including specifying process control and inspection criteria and selecting measurement
• For automotive applications, ensure that all components and the approved process conform to AIAG requirements, including generation of documentation required for the PPAP package, in compliance with the IATF/TS 16949 standard.
• Interpret and understand complex technical documentation such as blueprints and specifications, including the interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Create inspection reports from gathered data and process
• Generate reports to describe studies and prepare the relevant documents and layouts, including interpreting and understanding the data outputs, and communicating outputs to CNC and other Production personnel.
• Maintain a clean and orderly workspace and keep equipment clean, properly serviced and calibrated
2. Key Requirements:
• Associate Degree in an engineering or applied science discipline or equivalent work experience in a Quality Engineering/Assurance Field with applied SPC techniques.
• Strong knowledge of inspection methods, procedures, equipment, and layouts
• 2 years CMM operation and/or programming experience (Metrosoft QUARTIS-preferred – or equivalent)
• Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) concepts
• Strong communication skills
• Good command of the English language.
3. Considered as an Advantage:
• Experience setting up and operating Wenzel LH87 machine
• IATF/TS 16949, ISO9001, or automotive quality systems experience.
• Strong knowledge of CNC manufacturing techology
• Ability to resolve conflicts and build effective teams.
• Customer relationship skills
• Experience using other tools/technology: Go/No-Go Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, Surface Plate Tooling and Guages