Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
Rimac Automobili is looking to hire a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Technician. This employee will be programming and operating a Coordinate Measuring Machine (Wenzel LH87) to ensure that products conform to specified standards, assisting Program Quality Leaders and performing technical quality duties as assigned.
1. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop CMM programs using Metrosoft QUARITS for full part qualification during launch and in-process production inspection as required.
• Develop, utilize and evaluate SPC data for in-process part quality capabilities.
• Conduct statistical studies of process capability and process control to assist process engineers in achieving capability.
• Collaborate with in-house and external tooling/fixture suppliers to ensure robust measuring methods and setups.
• Consistently monitor the quality of the product and identify ways to improve accuracy and productivity.
• Make any necessary adjustments to data and routines by configuring hardware or software enhancing the quality-control capabilities of the machine
• Create and maintain moulding and assembly quality plans for new and acquired projects, including specifying process control and inspection criteria and selecting measurement
• For automotive applications, ensure that all components and the approved process conform to AIAG requirements, including generation of documentation required for the PPAP package, in compliance with the IATF/TS 16949 standard.
• Interpret and understand complex technical documentation such as blueprints and specifications, including the interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Create inspection reports from gathered data and process
• Generate reports to describe studies and prepare the relevant documents and layouts, including interpreting and understanding the data outputs, and communicating outputs to CNC and other Production personnel.
• Maintain a clean and orderly workspace and keep equipment clean, properly serviced and calibrated
2. Key Requirements:
• Associate Degree in an engineering or applied science discipline or equivalent work experience in a Quality Engineering/Assurance Field with applied SPC techniques.
• Strong knowledge of inspection methods, procedures, equipment, and layouts
• 2 years CMM operation and/or programming experience (Metrosoft QUARTIS-preferred – or equivalent)
• Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) concepts
• Strong communication skills
• Good command of the English language.
3. Considered as an Advantage:
• Experience setting up and operating Wenzel LH87 machine
• IATF/TS 16949, ISO9001, or automotive quality systems experience.
• Strong knowledge of CNC manufacturing techology
• Ability to resolve conflicts and build effective teams.
• Customer relationship skills
• Experience using other tools/technology: Go/No-Go Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, Surface Plate Tooling and Guages
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.