Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
The Concept Engineer has the exciting job of defining overall vehicle architecture, powertrain layouts and high-level specifications of the main components during the acquisition phase. The candidate for this role must have a good understanding of vehicle architecture (both mechanical and electrical), vehicle packaging and the relation between powertrain characteristics and overall vehicle performance.
• Providing overall vehicle definitions and system layouts.
• Defining key characteristics and functionalities for each component/function and defining development requirements
• Managing and evaluating the range of available components (internally and externally on the market) and selecting the most appropriate ones
• Packaging components in CAD software and defining their interface
• Defining Bill of Materials (BOM) documents, as well as usage and installation instructions (operating boundary conditions for various systems, installation manuals, wiring schematics, etc.)
• Providing support to assembly and testing teams during product operations
2. Work Tasks:
• Generate powertrain and vehicle architecture based on customer input
• Provide project timing and resource requirements so that the acquisition team can generate detailed plan and quotations
• Deliver target specifications for internal component R&D and external suppliers
• Lead hand-over between Concept Engineering and Project Management
• Defining validation tests
• Supervising the testing of finished products and systems
• At least 5 years of professional experience
• Master's Degree in the relevant field of study
• Advanced knowledge of CAD software (preferably Catia or Solidworks)
• Extensive experience in product development
• Extensive professional background in engineering
• Self-organized and goal-oriented
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential
• Basic knowledge of computer usage
• Excellent understanding of overall vehicle components and functionalities
4. Considered as an advantage:
• Extensive experience in the development and integration of products in the automotive sector
• Good knowledge of production technology
• Broad experience in engineering
• Understanding of electro-mechanical components
• Knowledge of multiple languages
5. Watch more: What is required of a Concept Engineer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a06InehxHLk
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.