Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We are looking for an engineer to help build the next generation of electric vehicle control and state estimation systems. As a Control Systems Engineer, you will design algorithms which use various vehicle sensors to determine the vehicle state – its position, speed, available amount of traction etc. You will then design algorithms to safely and accurately control that state, using the unique powertrain configuration of a multi-motor electric vehicle.
In addition to achieving specific performance targets, vehicle control must also produce a superior driver feeling. You will work closely with test drivers, racing drivers and customers in order to understand what makes a vehicle enjoyable to drive.
1. Responsibilities :
• Developing state estimation algorithms for electric vehicles and their components
• Developing control algorithms for electric vehicles and their components
• Performing Model-in-the-loop testing
• Using optimization algorithms with test automation to quickly test multiple hypotheses and converge on optimal solutions
• Defining and overseeing Hardware-in-the-loop and real-world vehicle testing
• Analysis and interpretation of test data
• Documenting test results and producing technical documentation
• Communicating and coordinating with people of different technical backgrounds (e.g. mechanical and electrical engineers, test drive, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of linear and nonlinear estimation techniques
• Advanced knowledge of classical and nonlinear control theory
• Proficiency in the use of optimization algorithms
• Experience with at least one commercial simulation package (e.g. Simulink, Dymola, Modelica)
• Advanced knowledge of data analysis and visualization (using Python, MATLAB or similar)
• Strong programming skills in at least one imperative programming language
• Familiarity with C/C++
• Good knowledge of English in writing and speaking
• Master's degree in the relevant field of study
3. Considered as an advantage:
• Machine learning algorithms
• Model Predictive Control
• Model-based design in MATLAB
• IPG CarMaker
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.