Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We are currently looking for a Driving Simulator Engineer to build and maintain a driver-in-the-loop simulator for use in Rimac Automobili vehicle, component and autonomous driving systems development.
As a Driving Simulator Engineer, you will connect simulator hardware with simulator software to enable virtual testing of the C_Two and other vehicles. You will implement accurate vehicle, track, sensor and control algorithm models inside the simulator software, and help test drivers use the simulator to evaluate vehicle behavior. After testing, you will analyze the generated data and generate performance metrics and recommendations.
The application and CV need to be in English
• Building, maintaining, using and improving Rimac driving simulators
2) Main Work Tasks:
• Integrating driving simulator hardware components with simulator software
• Implementing models of components and systems inside simulator software
o Vehicle models
o Track and road geometries
o Models of ADAS sensors
o Control algorithms
• Improving the performance of simulator software and hardware
• Working with drivers to conduct virtual vehicle tests
• Post-processing and analyzing test data
• B.Sc or higher in Computing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Advanced knowledge of Python for data analysis
• Advanced knowledge of Matlab and Simulink
• Understanding of Vehicle Dynamics
• Experience with industry-grade driving simulators (rfPro, Vi-Grade, Cruden Panthera etc.)
• Experience with driving simulator hardware (steering wheels, multi-projector or multi-screen setups)
4) Considered as an advantage:
• Familiarity with Modelica modelling language
• Familiarity with Dymola or other Modelica-based system modelling tools
• Familiarity with the FMI standard
• Experience with Sim Racing software (e.g. rFactor, iRacing)
• Real-world race driving experience
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.