Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
This position requires the employee to work in the Components Department at Rimac Automobili. As an Electrical Testing Equipment Developer, you will be working with Embedded Hardware and Software Engineers in an open-plan workspace.
The candidate for this position will be a part of the Testing team who work on the testing and development of the testing equipment for the electronic devices that are developed for the Rimac Automobili vehicles and OEM projects.
Your involvement will be required during the development of new electronic devices in the phases of system design, testing, validation, system optimization and preparation for serial production.
• Defining test procedures with the design engineers, preparation of the testing environment, test conduction and test report generation
• For the preparation of the test environment you will have to design Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and Software-in-the-loop (SIL) test setups
• Handling laboratory equipment and defining new required equipment for the laboratory
• Organizing tests in external licensed testing laboratories for tests which cannot be done within in-house laboratories
• Preparing test reports which will be used for functional validation of the prototypes and the final production devices
• Providing feedback to design engineers and working together with them to find solutions for discovered non-conformities
• The candidate should have 3+ years of professional experience in testing equipment design
• The candidate should have basic experience with various digital and analog electronics, such as: analog switches and multiplexers, operational amplifiers, ADCs, power supplies, MCUs, logical digital devices, communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, CAN), etc.
• The candidate should be able to understand electrical circuits and firmware of electrical devices
• The candidate should be familiar with the handling of different test and measurement equipment such as the DMM, power supplies, oscilloscopes, spectral analyzers, DC loads, etc.
• The candidate should be able to work in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software and Test Engineers
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in the relevant field of study
3. Considered as an advantage:
• Basic experience with designing multilayer PCBs (2+ layers) is a plus
• Basic understanding of microcontroller architectures is a plus
• Programming experience in C/C++ for embedded systems is a plus
• Basic experience with NI test and measurement equipment (DAQ, PXI, RIO), as well as with the LabView software for designing virtual instruments, control logic, data acquisition and visualization
• Experience with the following is desirable: Matlab, Simulink, Altium Designer, Vector CAN tools, dSpace
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.