Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
This position requires the employee to work in the Components Department at Rimac Automobili. As a BCU/VCU Embedded Hardware Engineer, you will be working with Embedded Hardware and Software Engineers in an open plan workspace.
The candidate for this position will be a part of the engineering team working on the development of the Body and Vehicle control units (BCU/VCU) for the Rimac Automobili vehicles and OEM projects.
Your involvement will be required in every step of the development process: definition of requirements, feasibility study, architecture design, system design, testing, validation, system optimization and preparation for serial production.
• Performing selections of components and developing Schematics and PCB design files for different parts of the system, such as: Analog front end for battery cell voltage measurement, linear or switching power supplies, digital low and high current outputs, galvanic isolation interfaces, analog and digital sensor inputs, communication interfaces, processor and control logic, onboard diagnostics, logging memory, etc.
• Participating in the design of components which must be in compliance with the automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environmental, and other automotive requirements
• Providing support for embedded Software Engineers during software development
• Working closely with Mechanical Engineers during the integration of the BCU/VCU regarding the positioning, electrical routing, thermal constraints and other environmental requirements
• Providing support to the production and assembly teams during the production of prototypes
• Developing a serial production device, that will require a close collaboration with the production, procurement and industrialization teams to optimize the cost and production effort
• You will define tests and conduct them at the in-house test facilities, external laboratory houses and perform field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality of the prototypes and the final device
• 3+ years of professional experience in electronics (hardware) development
• Master's degree in the relevant field of study
• Experience with various digital and analog electronics, such as operational amplifiers and their variations for analog signal processing, analog switches and multiplexers, ADCs, linear and switching power supplies, power supply protections, MCUs, logical digital devices, communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, CAN), etc.
• Experience with designing multilayer PCBs (4+ layers)
• Understanding and localizing potential noises and interference sources in schematics and PCBs, and finding solutions to minimize them
• Basic understanding of the general automotive electrical architecture and the typical electrical devices inside of a car is desirable
3. Considered as an advantage:
• Experience with ISO26262 is a plus
• Experience with the mechanical integration of PCBs in the enclosures and the ability to understand mechanical requirements
• Working in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.