Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry.
We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
This position requires the employee to work in the Components Department at Rimac Automobili. As an Embedded Hardware Engineer, you will be working with Embedded Hardware and Software Engineers in an open plan workspace. You will be a part of the engineering team working on the development of hardware components for the Rimac Automobili vehicles and OEM projects.
Your involvement will be required in every step of the development process: definition of requirements, feasibility study, architecture design, system design, testing, validation, system optimization and preparation for serial production.
Both junior and senior applicants are welcome.
- Performing selections of components and developing Schematics and PCB design files for different parts of the system, such as: linear or switching power supplies, digital low and high current outputs, galvanic isolation interfaces, analog and digital sensor inputs, communication interfaces, processor and control logic, onboard diagnostics, logging memory, etc.
- Participating in the design of components which must be in compliance with the automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environmental, and other automotive requirements
- Providing support for embedded Software Engineers during software development
- Working closely with Mechanical Engineers during the integration of PCB into the housing regarding the positioning, electrical routing, thermal constraints and other environmental requirements
- Provide support to the production and assembly teams during the production of prototypes
- Developing a serial production device, that will require a close collaboration with the production, procurement and industrialization teams to optimize the cost and production effort
- You will define tests and conduct them at the in-house test facilities, external laboratory houses and perform field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality of the prototypes and the final device
- Experience in electronics (hardware) development
- Master's degree in the relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- Experience with various digital and analog electronics, such as operational amplifiers and their variations for analog signal processing, analog switches and multiplexers, ADCs, linear and switching power supplies, power supply protections, MCU/CPUs, logical digital devices, communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, CAN), etc.
- Experience with designing multilayer PCBs (4+ layers)
- Ability to understand and localize potential noises and interference sources in schematics and PCBs, and finding solutions to minimize them
- Basic understanding of the general automotive electrical architecture and the typical electrical devices inside of a car is desirable
- Experience with the mechanical integration of PCBs in the enclosures and the ability to understand mechanical requirements
- Working in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers
3. What we offer
The opportunity develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
- Family-like and open work environment
- Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support for transportation
- Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, disability, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.