Rimac Automobili is looking for a new M2M Embedded Software Engineer. As a young technology company driven by innovation, Rimac is always searching for talented people with awesome ideas.
You will be working on embedded software for the M2M system on our custom-made hardware. The M2M Unit is a device that works as a gateway, providing real-time vehicle data to Rimac servers. A lot of your work will include hands-on testing and development, working directly on various exciting electric vehicles.
If you want to be a part of our team and work on challenging and exciting projects which aim to re-define the automotive and technology industries, let us know. We look forward to talking to you.
• Design and implementation of software for M2M systems from requirements to serial production
• Design, development, coding, testing and debugging system software from low-level drivers to application algorithms
• Reviewing code and design
• Analyzing and enhancing efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Supporting software QA and optimizing performance
• Providing post-production support
• Developing firmware for custom hardware platforms
• Implementing device communication with Rimac or customer servers
• Defining system hardware and software architecture
• Both Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) and “bare metal” programming
• Compliance with various functional safety standards in the development process (if required)
• MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a proven equivalent in experience
• At least 3 years of experience in embedded software engineering
• Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Programming experience in C/C++
• Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, communication protocols (UART, CAN, SPI), interfaces and hardware subsystems
• Excellent understanding and development of low-level drivers for microcontroller peripherals – DI, DO, ADC, DAC, Timers, DMA, Watchdog, etc.
• Experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking, and real-time operating systems
• Familiarity with the software configuration of management tools, static code analysis, unit testing and peer review
• Basic experience in the use of laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters and logic analyzers for debugging purposes
• Strong documentation and writing skills
• Self-organized and goal-oriented
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential
3. Considered as an advantage:
• Experience with ISO26262 is a plus
• Experience with the mechanical integration of PCBs in the enclosures and the ability to understand mechanical requirements
• Working in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers