Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
The Functional Safety Manager is responsible for driving functional safety activities on projects with a defined ISO 26262 compliance requirement. This is a person who will actively participate in product development, quality and reliability activities to ensure that automotive safety standards are achieved and maintained for both current and future products.
- Leading Rimac strategy and deployment in terms of functional safety.
- Accountable for Functional Safety in all Rimac products brought to market
- Directing engineers and external stakeholders (including FS consultants) engaged in program and project work.
- Producing, either directly or indirectly, all the necessary work products, including but not limited to:
- System Safety Program Plan
- Safety Manual
- Safety Concepts
- ASIL assignment/decomposition
- Safety Requirements
- FMEDA & FTA
- Safety Verification and Validation activities
- Conducting safety reviews
- Driving the FS approach across organisational boundaries and with senior management.
- Managing, directing and leading the problem resolution and tracking process and providing feedback on status of tracked problems.
- Minimum BSc or BEng (2:1) in Automotive / Electrical / Systems Engineering or a related field of study
- Expert knowledge of ISO26262
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working to ISO 26262, with strong knowledge of Functional Safety Theory and specific on-the-job experience
- expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, DFMEA, FTA for automotive embedded hardware and software, at both system and sub-system level.
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering principles, hardware and software design concepts.
- Proven record of interpreting requirements from design to production
- 8+ years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands-on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Additional Qualifications (Advantageous):
- Functional Safety experience in plug-in electrical vehicle applications
- Functional Safety experience in ADAS
- Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as DOORS, Integrity, etc.
- Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes, such as CMMI, Automotive SPICE, etc.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive package
- Accommodation allowance
- Engineering orientation + on-boarding
- Relocation assistance & reimbursement
- Free parking & carpool reimbursement
- Casual dress code and a relaxed, open-plan work environment
- Culturally diverse, high-tech atmosphere
- Social events & team parties
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.