The Functional Safety Manager is responsible for driving functional safety activities on projects with a defined ISO 26262 compliance requirement. This is a person who will actively participate in product development, quality and reliability activities to ensure that automotive safety standards are achieved and maintained for both current and future products.
- Leading Rimac strategy and deployment in terms of functional safety.
- Accountable for Functional Safety in all Rimac products brought to market
- Directing engineers and external stakeholders (including FS consultants) engaged in program and project work.
- Producing, either directly or indirectly, all the necessary work products, including but not limited to:
- System Safety Program Plan
- Safety Manual
- Safety Concepts
- ASIL assignment/decomposition
- Safety Requirements
- FMEDA & FTA
- Safety Verification and Validation activities
- Conducting safety reviews
- Driving the FS approach across organisational boundaries and with senior management.
- Managing, directing and leading the problem resolution and tracking process and providing feedback on status of tracked problems.
- Minimum BSc or BEng (2:1) in Automotive / Electrical / Systems Engineering or a related field of study
- Expert knowledge of ISO26262
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working to ISO 26262, with strong knowledge of Functional Safety Theory and specific on-the-job experience
- expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, DFMEA, FTA for automotive embedded hardware and software, at both system and sub-system level.
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering principles, hardware and software design concepts.
- Proven record of interpreting requirements from design to production
- 8+ years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands-on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Additional Qualifications (Advantageous):
- Functional Safety experience in plug-in electrical vehicle applications
- Functional Safety experience in ADAS
- Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as DOORS, Integrity, etc.
- Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes, such as CMMI, Automotive SPICE, etc.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive package
- Accommodation allowance
- Engineering orientation + on-boarding
- Relocation assistance & reimbursement
- Free parking & carpool reimbursement
- Casual dress code and a relaxed, open-plan work environment
- Culturally diverse, high-tech atmosphere
- Social events & team parties