Rimac Automobili is a technological powerhouse, manufacturing electric supercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One, as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac Automobili as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We are at the point of a great expansion and currently opening an office in Osijek so we're seeking for Hardware Engineers who will enable our components to perform optimally.
You will be developing system architecture and embedded software for a variety of cutting-edge hardware. This is a fast-paced environment where you will have to think on your feet and perform well under pressure in order to deliver next-generation technology for the Automotive sector.
• Understanding the technical requirements and designing the high level hardware architecture
• Performing selections of components and developing Schematics and PCB design files for different parts of the system, such as: linear or switching power supplies, digital low and high current outputs, analog and digital inputs, communication interfaces, processor and control logic, onboard diagnostics, logging memory, etc.
• Participating in the design of components which must be in compliance with automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environmental, and various other requirements
• Providing support for embedded software engineers during software development
• Working closely with mechanical engineers during the housing development process regarding the positioning, electrical routing and thermal analysis of power components
• Providing support to production and assembly during the production of prototypes
• Defining tests and conducting them at the in-house dyno room, external laboratory houses and performing field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality
• 3+ years of professional experience in electronics (hardware) development
• Master's degree in the relevant field of study
• Experience with various digital and analog electronics, such as: operational amplifiers and their variations for analog signal processing, analog switches and multiplexers, ADCs, linear and switching power supplies, power supply protections, MCUs, logical digital devices, communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, CAN, LIN, FlexRay), etc.
• Hands on experience in hardware design tools: NI Multisim, Altium, Cadance, Solidworks
• The candidate should have experience with designing multilayer PCBs (2+ layers)
• The candidate should be able to understand and localize potential noises and interference sources in schematics and the PCBs, and find solutions to minimize them
• Basic understanding of the general automotive electrical architecture and the typical electrical devices inside of a car is desirable
• The candidate should have experience with the mechanical integration of the PCBs in the enclosures and be able to understand mechanical requirements
• The candidate should be able to work in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers
• The candidate should be able to perform various environmental tests both at laboratory and simulation level