Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
The Head of HSE is responsible for leading the HSE team and creating, implementing and maintaining an occupational health, safety and environmental program, policies and procedures involving hazard identification evaluation and control, risk assessments, root cause analysis, accident/injury prevention, hazardous material/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance.
All applications and CV must be in English
• Provides HSE leadership, training and operational support to all levels of the organization and across all functional groups on 4 locations
• Developing, documenting and implementing comprehensive HSE Management Systems
• Evaluates the workplace environment, develops and implements safety-management policies and procedures
• Ensures all HSE processes and procedures are implemented and standardized
• Tracks company health and safety metrics and use the data to identify and to reduce risk
• Ensure all significant risks and Environment aspects are appropriately identified and managed to acceptable levels
• Carries out safety audits and ensures third party audits are planned and executed according to company requirements in the areas of Environment, Health and Safety and legal compliance (i.e. ISO 14001, ISO 18001)
• Works closely with Engineering and Production on special projects involving work space construction, safe work procedures, and hazardous assessments
• Develops OH&S documentations & OH&S database
• Ensures safety in the testing of powertrains, battery systems, motors, etc.
• Conducts accident / incident investigation and ensure all incidents are reported and investigated promptly, causal factors and root causes are determined with implementation of corrective and preventative actions to prevent reoccurrence
• Carries out any in-house safety training
• Performs Risk Assessment
• Maintains current working knowledge of all applicable HSE regulations.
• Maintains all necessary training and licensing to function as a signing authority on all HSE matters.
• Master’s degree or equivalent (University) in Safety Engineering with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems
• 5 or above years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environment in industry sector from which 2 years should be in a supervisory/management capacity
• 3 years of experience in Environmental Safety and Protection
• Certified Occupational Health & Safety Professional (degree II)
• Certified Fire Protection Specialist with 3 years of experience in mentioned filed
• Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation, HSE Auditing Techniques
• Strong HSE commitment and willingness to be a proactive HSE role model and leader
• Comprehensive knowledge of Croatian Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
• Competent and experienced in developing, documenting and implementing comprehensive HSE Management Systems
• Excellent spoken and written English and Croatian. Highly effective written and oral skills.
• Pragmatic approach to problem-solving
• Detail-minded and able to deliver information that has been validated for accuracy
• Self-organized and goal-oriented
• Communicative teamwork player
• Proficient MS Office skills
• Active driving license B category
3. What we offer
• Family-like and open work environment
• Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
• Competitive compensation package
• Financial support for transportation
• Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.