· Advise the Product Development teams on current and future legislative matters relating to automotive design, manufacture and functionality for respective target markets
· Responsible for the homologation of all applicable policies, standards, and regulations related to vehicle models or component.
· Support the development and maintenance of the internal policies related to the application, implementation, enforcement and audit of all policies, standards and regulations.
· Work with external agencies and government regulatory authorities to ensure compliance of our products in the respective markets where the products will be sold.
· Plan and ensure the execution of homologation test and approval projects for the complete models.
· Prepare, review and submit type regulatory approval documents and drawings to applicable regulatory bodies.
· Support the development with the test engineers, the appropriate verification and validation.
· Work flexibly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving designers, engineers as well as future manufacturing and product development teams.
· Direct responsibility to ensure that safety certification reporting (including certification report formats) is up-to-date and complete.
· Direct responsibility to make homologation application documents and obtain approvals from government authorities or agencies
· Able to effectively use Excel and Word, confident with handling data, complex certificates.
· Ability to accurately handle critical data
· Able to coach and direct suppliers and engineering in their responsibilities.
· Have good level of experience in automotive certification
· Have good level of experience in understanding and interpreting automotive market regulations.
· Experience in a Legal or homologation role in the automotive industry
· Extensive experience in an appropriate technical position within the motor vehicle industry
· Effective and thorough planning, co-ordination and organizational skills.