Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
The Junior CFD Engineer has the exciting job of developing CFD simulations of vehicle aerodynamics and cooling systems at the full vehicle level, mesh generation, data analysis and improvements suggestion. The ideal candidate should have a strong passion for cars, technology and engineering with some experience in automotive aerodynamics and CFD simulations (Internships/ Projects/ Racing Teams).
• CFD simulations of vehicle aerodynamics and cooling systems (OpenFOAM)
• Implementation of heat transfer models (OpenFOAM)
• Implementation of different boundary conditions
• Mesh generation (BlockMesh, SnappyHexMesh, Hypermesh, ANSA)
• Optimization and validation of solutions that involves fluid in motion
• Post-processing (Paraview)
• Collecting and analyzing data
• Suggesting improvements based on the collected and analyzed data
• Document findings, communicate results and make technical presentations
• Experience in automotive aerodynamics and CFD simulations (Internships/ Projects/ Racing Teams)
• Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
• Experience in CFD analysis: external and internal aerodynamics, cooling systems
• A strong grasp of fluid dynamics, heat transfer
• Good knowledge of OpenFOAM
3. Considered as an advantage
• CAD knowledge (CATIA – preferable)
• Previous experience in HyperMesh, ANSA
• Good programming skills and previous experience with C++, Linux, MATLAB, Python
• Experience in developing, testing, release and maintenance of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software code
4. What we offer
• The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
• The family-like and open work environment
• Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
• Competitive compensation package
• Financial support for transportation
• Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.