Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
This position requires the employee to work in the Components Department at Rimac Automobili. As a Junior Power Electronics Engineer, you will be working with Embedded Hardware and Software Engineers in an open plan workspace.
You will be a part of the engineering team that will work on the development of several high-voltage devices, including a new state-of-the-art high power inverter. The team is led by a senior Power Electronics Engineer with more than 20 years of experience in the field of power electronics development.
You will be involved in the main phases of the development process, such as the system design, testing, validation, system optimization and preparation for serial production.
• Working closely with the Senior Power Electronics Engineer and executing different tasks that will include selecting components and developing schematics and PCB layouts for different parts of the system, such as: the power modules (IGBT/SiC), gate drivers, electrical isolation devices, power supplies, voltage and current measurements, temperature sensors, motor position sensors interface, communication interfaces, processor and control logic, etc.
• Participating in the design of components which must be in compliance with the automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environment, and various other requirements
• Involvement in the mechanical design of the products and the opportunity to work with Mechanical Engineers during the housing development process regarding the positioning, electrical routing and thermal analysis of power components
• Providing support to production and assembly during the production of prototypes
• Participating in defining test procedures and conducting them at the in-house dyno room, external laboratory houses and providing support during field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality
• Electronics enthusiast, ready to learn and quickly adapt
• The candidate should understand the basic principles of inverters and switch power supply topologies
• The candidate should have basic experience in designing simple electronic circuits that involve digital and analog electronics
• The candidate should be familiar with DMM’s, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and other measurement equipment
• Basic knowledge of motor control principles is desired
• The candidate should be able to work in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers
• Master's degree in the relevant field of study
• 1+ years of professional experience
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.