Rimac Automobili, one of the world leaders in the development of high-performance electric car technologies, producer of the Concept One and C_TWO electric hyper-cars and provider of technology solutions for various automotive OEMs worldwide, is looking for a Linux Software Engineer. We are looking for a candidate familiar with Linux platform, who is at home with Bash, BitBake & Yocto and ready to dive into low-level intricacies of Linux operating system.
As part of the Software Engineering team, you will be working on maintaining and improving existing core components of the operating system while simultaneously developing new core features. This position will also give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with other departments within the company, support your colleagues and significantly advance your knowledge of Linux development.
• Your primary responsibility will be maintaining and advancing our core operating system components, built on our customized version of Yocto Embedded Linux/Boot2Qt
• You will also be working on the development of new core features, including the integration of various external systems such as 3G/4G, GPS, Bluetooth, Spotify, Apple's CarPlay and AndroidAuto
2) Qualifications and skills required :
• Good understanding of the Linux platform - especially kernel and infrastructure related to operating system configuration (drivers, services, daemons)
• Knowledge of Linux C/C++ development (compilers, libraries, toolsets) and knowledge of C/C++ programming language
• Good knowledge of shell scripting languages (Bash)
• Experience with the Yocto project and BitBake build software
• Experience in using Git
• B.Sc. or higher degree
• At least 1 year of low-level C/C++ Linux development experience
• Good English skills, both in verbal and written form
3) Ideal candidate:
• Commitment to the highest quality in coding
• Passion for getting things done
• Proactive team player who is not afraid to take initiative to improve things
4) What you can expect from us:
• Being part of one of the fastest growing high-tech companies in Croatia
• Working in a dynamic and vibrant team using the latest and cutting-edge technologies with open-ended possibilities for innovation
• Fun and relaxed, yet passionate working environment - we like to work hard and when the time comes, play even harder
• Limitless opportunities for personal career growth and professional improvement
• Occasionally, you get the chance to ride in some really fancy cars, such as Jaguar, Aston Martin and the like
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.