Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry.
We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
We have now opened a new position for a Mechanical Engineer specialising in Powertrain and Cooling Simulations. This position will have you working alongside our Powertrain Team on system behavior simulations with focus on thermodynamics and fluids, as well as other areas such as battery systems and electric motors performance simulations.
- Collecting inputs from the Powertrain department, as well as other departments and suppliers for simulations
- Running multiple iterations of simulation, identifying errors and debugging
- Defining the mathematical model of certain vehicle subsystems and the complete powertrain system in MATLAB / Simulink
- Cooperation with other departments and suppliers to gain a better understanding of component behaviour
- Creating reports and required documentation providing analysis, conclusions and suggestions for further optimisation
- Advanced knowledge of MATLAB / Simulink
- Previous experience in simulations, especially in thermal and fluid areas
- Understanding of electric vehicle powertrain architecture
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical engineering
- Basic knowledge of material properties
- Bachelor or higher Degree in mechanical engineering or a related subject
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Advanced knowledge of thermodynamic processes, fluid dynamics
as well as electronics and electrical engineering will e considered an advantage
- Experience in the automotive industry, especially with HVAC systems is a plus
- CAD and simulation software knowledge (e.g. IPG Carmaker, AVL Cruise, Dymola, Amesim) is desired
3. What we offer
The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
- Family-like and open work environment
- Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support for accommodation and transportation
- Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, disability, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.