Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We have now opened a new position for a Mechanical Engineer specialising in Powertrain and Cooling Simulations. This position will have you working alongside our Powertrain Team on system behaviour simulations with focus on thermodynamics and fluids, as well as other areas such as battery systems and electric motors performance simulations.
Application and CV must be in English.
The candidate will be working in MATLAB / Simulink and is therefore expected to have an excellent understanding of the aforementioned software.
- Collecting inputs for simulations.
- Defining the mathematical model of the complete powertrain system in MATLAB / Simulink.
- Cooperation with other departments and suppliers to gain a better understanding of component behaviour.
- Creating reports and required documentation for simulation loops.
2) Main Work Tasks:
- Collecting inputs from the Powertrain department, as well as other departments and suppliers.
- Defining the mathematical model for certain vehicle sub-systems and the complete powertrain system.
- Running multiple iterations of simulation, identifying errors and debugging.
- Creating reports and documentation providing analysis, conclusions and suggestions for further optimisation.
- Advanced knowledge of MATLAB / Simulink
- Good knowledge of thermodynamic processes and fluid dynamics.
- Previous experience in simulations, especially in thermal and fluid areas.
- Understanding of electric vehicle powertrain architecture
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical engineering
- Basic knowledge of material properties
- Bachelor or higher Degree in mechanical engineering or a related subject
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Strong organisational and planning skills
4) Considered as an advantage:
- Basic CAD knowledge
- Knowledge of other simulation software packages – IPG Carmaker, AVL Cruise, Dymola, Amesim
- Advanced knowledge of thermodynamic processes and fluid dynamics
- Advanced knowledge of electronics and electrical engineering
- Advanced knowledge of material properties
- Experience with HVAC systems, especially in vehicles
- Experience in the automotive industry
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.