Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
This position requires the employee to work in the Components Department at Rimac Automobili. As a Senior Motor Development Engineer, you will be working with Powertrain Engineers in an open plan workspace. You will be a part of the engineering team that will work on the development of the highest power density motor in the world and state-of-the-art gearboxes.
Your involvement will be required in every step of the development process: definition of requirements, feasibility study, architecture design and simulations, system design, testing, validation, system optimization, and preparation for serial production.
• Analyzing the motors on the market, performing 2D and 3D electromagnetic simulations, performing tests on materials, testing different solutions and testing complete systems
• Participating in the design of components which must be in compliance with the automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, safety, noise and vibration, environment, and various other requirements
• Working closely with Mechanical Engineers during the housing development process regarding the positioning, thermal analysis and mechanical strength
• Providing support to production and assembly during the production of prototypes
• Participating in the optimization process for prototypes and adopting them for serial production
• Defining tests and conducting them at the in-house dyno room, external laboratory houses and performing field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality
• Defining Bill of Materials (BOM) documents, writing technical and integration documents and test reports
• 3+ years of professional experience in electromagnetic field software for design and analysis of electric motors (using analytical methods and FEM analysis) such as Ansys Maxwell or Infolytica MagNet/MotorSolve simulation tools
• The candidate should have experience with motor testing
• The candidate should have knowledge of motor control principles
• The candidate should have experience in product development
• The candidate should be able to understand and localize potential noises and interference sources and find solutions to minimize them
• Experience with motor testing and automotive norms is an advantage
• The candidate should be able to work in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers.
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
• Basic understanding of overall vehicle components and functionalities
• Master’s degree in the relevant field of study
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.