This position requires the employee to work in the Components Department at Rimac Automobili. As a Senior Motor Development Engineer, you will be working with Powertrain Engineers in an open plan workspace.
You will be a part of the engineering team that will work on the development of the highest power density motor in the world and state-of-the-art gearboxes.
Your involvement will be required in every step of the development process: definition of requirements, feasibility study, architecture design and simulations, system design, testing, validation, system optimization, and preparation for serial production.
• Analyzing the motors on the market, performing 2D and 3D electromagnetic simulations, performing tests on materials, testing different solutions and testing complete systems
• Participating in the design of components which must be in compliance with the automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, safety, noise and vibration, environment, and various other requirements
• Working closely with Mechanical Engineers during the housing development process regarding the positioning, thermal analysis and mechanical strength
• Providing support to production and assembly during the production of prototypes
• Participating in the optimization process for prototypes and adopting them for serial production
• Defining tests and conducting them at the in-house dyno room, external laboratory houses and performing field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality
• Defining Bill of Materials (BOM) documents, writing technical and integration documents and test reports
• 3+ years of professional experience in electromagnetic field software for design and analysis of electric motors (using analytical methods and FEM analysis) such as Ansys Maxwell or Infolytica MagNet/MotorSolve simulation tools
• The candidate should have experience with motor testing
• The candidate should have knowledge of motor control principles
• The candidate should have experience in product development
• The candidate should be able to understand and localize potential noises and interference sources and find solutions to minimize them
• Experience with motor testing and automotive norms is an advantage
• The candidate should be able to work in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers.
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
• Basic understanding of overall vehicle components and functionalities
• Master’s degree in the relevant field of study