Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
This position requires the employee to work in the Components Department at Rimac Automobili. As a Power Electronics Engineer, you will be working with Embedded Hardware and Software Engineers in an open plan workspace.
The candidate for this position will be a part of the engineering team that will work on the development of several high-voltage devices, including a new state-of-the-art high-power DC-DC converter for the Rimac Automobili vehicles and OEM projects.
Your involvement will be required in every step of the development process: definition of requirements, feasibility study, architecture design, system design, testing, validation, system optimization and preparation for serial production.
• Performing selections of components and developing Schematics and PCB design files for different parts of the system, such as converter topology, power switches, gate drivers, electrical isolation, power supplies, voltage and current measurements, temperature sensors, communication interfaces, processor and control logic, etc.
• Participating in the design of components which must be in compliance with automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environmental, and various other requirements
• Providing support for Software Engineers during software development
• Working closely with Mechanical Engineers during the housing development process regarding the positioning, electrical routing and thermal analysis of power components
• Providing support to production and assembly during the production of prototypes
• Defining tests and conducting them at the in-house test facilities, external laboratory houses and perform field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality of the prototypes and the final device
• 5+ years of professional experience in power electronics development using different DC-DC converter topologies
• Experience in designing PFC circuits is desirable
• Experience with optimizing converter efficiency versus EMC requirements is desirable
• The candidate should have experience in designing sensor interfaces, as well as analog circuits in electrically noisy environments in general
• The candidate should have experience with designing multilayer PCBs (2+ layers)
• The candidate should be able to understand and localize potential noises and interference sources in schematics and PCBs, and find solutions to minimize them
• Basic understanding of the general automotive electrical architecture and typical electrical devices inside of a car is a plus
• The candidate should have experience with the mechanical integration of PCBs in the enclosures and be able to understand mechanical requirements
• The candidate should be able to work in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers
• Master's degree in the relevant field of study
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.