Rimac Automobili is looking for a new developer of power electronics! As a fast-growing vehicle and technology company, we are looking for dynamic people with a visionary mind. For this role, we need a developer with a lot of experience looking for new challenges.
The Power Electronics Expert position is anything but boring: you will be involved in every step of the development process of components – from the exciting and passion-driven idea phase all the way to the finished product, flawlessly prepared for serial production.
We are looking for a team player who is ready to work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and who will bring a lot of knowledge in the field of power electronics to the team. If you think you have what it takes, and you want the opportunity to work on projects which aim to redefine the automobile and technology industries, please apply below. The Rimac team would love to have you.
• This position requires the employee to work in the Components Department at Rimac Automobili. As a Power Electronics Engineer, you will be working with Embedded Hardware and Software Engineers in an open plan workspace
• You will be a part of the engineering team that will work on the development of several high-voltage devices, including a new state-of-the-art high power inverter
• Your involvement will be required in every step of the development process: definition of requirements, feasibility study, architecture design, system design, testing, validation, system optimization and preparation for serial production
• Your responsibilities will include performing selections of components and developing Schematics and PCB design files for different parts of the system, such as: Power modules (IGBT/SiC), Gate drivers, electrical isolation, power supplies, voltage and current measurements, temperature sensors, motor position sensors interface, communication interfaces, processor and control logic, etc.
• You will participate in the design of components which must be in compliance with automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environment, and various other requirements
• You will work closely with Mechanical Engineers during the housing development process regarding the positioning, electrical routing and thermal analysis of power components
• You will provide support to production and assembly during the production of prototypes
• You will define tests and conduct them at the in-house dyno room, external laboratory houses and perform field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality
• The candidate should have 5+ years of experience in power electronics development using IGBT modules or, ideally, SiC MOSFETs
• Master's degree in the relevant field of study
• The candidate should have experience with gate driver optimization, in terms of inverter efficiency and EMC requirements
• The candidate should have knowledge of motor control principles
• The candidate should have experience in designing sensor interfaces, as well as analog circuits in electrically noisy environments in general
• The candidate should be able to understand and localize potential noises and interference sources and find solutions to minimize them
• Experience with isolated DC/DC converters is an advantage
• The candidate should be able to work in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers.