Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry.
We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
The candidate for this position will be a part of the engineering team that will work on the development of several high-voltage devices, including a new state-of-the-art high-power onboard charger for the Rimac Automobili vehicles and OEM projects.
Your involvement will be required in every step of the development process: definition of requirements, feasibility study, architecture design, system design, testing, validation, system optimization and preparation for serial production.
This position is based in the heart of Osijek, which currently hosts a small - but growing! - portion of our R&D teams.
- Performing selections of components and developing Schematics and PCB design files for different parts of the system such as converter topology, power switches, gate drivers, electrical isolation, power supplies, voltage and current measurements, temperature sensors, communication interfaces, processor and control logic, etc.
- Participating in the design of components which must be in compliance with automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environmental, and various other requirements
- Providing support for Software Engineers during software development
- Working closely with Mechanical Engineers during the housing development process regarding the positioning, electrical routing and thermal analysis of power components
- Providing support to production and assembly during the production of prototypes
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in power electronics development
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
- Ability to understand and localize potential noises and interference sources in schematics and PCBs, and find solutions to minimize them
- Experience with the mechanical integration of PCBs in the enclosures and be able to understand mechanical requirements
- Ability work in a multidisciplinary team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers
- Experience in designing PFC circuits is desirable
- Experience with optimizing converter efficiency versus EMC requirements is desirable
- Basic understanding of the general automotive electrical architecture and typical electrical devices inside of a car is a plus
- Masters degree or PhD will be considered as advantage
3. What we offer
- The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
- Family-like and open work environment
- Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support for accommodation and transportation
- Dog-friendly office
Other openings in Osijek:
Embedded C Developer
Hardware Test Engineer
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, disability, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.