Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We have now opened a Senior C++ Software Engineer position and are looking for a candidate with several years of experience with the C++ programming language, who is quite familiar with Bash, BitBake, Yocto, Git and the Linux platform.
As part of the Software Engineering team, you will be working on maintaining and improving existing core components of the operating system while simultaneously developing new core features. This position will also give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with other departments within the company and to mentor younger colleagues.
• Your primary responsibility will be maintaining and advancing our core operating system components, built on our customized version of Yocto Embedded Linux/Boot2Qt
• You will also be in charge of the development of new core features, including the integration of various external systems such as 3G/4G, GPS, Bluetooth, Spotify, Apple's CarPlay and AndroidAuto
• You will work closely with our User Interface group to enable the creation of high-quality UIs for different displays present in the car
• You will work closely with our M2M group to make sure that tons of telemetry data generated in different embedded devices safely arrive to our servers for further processing, analysis, and visualization
• As one of the senior engineers on the team, you will provide mentorship and coaching to junior developers, and perform code reviews for adherence to coding standards and design guidelines
• Excellent knowledge of C++ programming language, with good knowledge of Standard Library and C++ 11/14/17 standards
• Great design skills, with thorough understanding of good software engineering principles
• Good knowledge of shell scripting languages (Bash)
• Knowledge of Linux C++ development (compilers, libraries, toolsets)
• Good understanding of the Linux platform - especially kernel and infrastructure related to operating system configuration (services, daemons)
• Experience with the Yocto project and BitBake build software
• Experience in using Git
• B.Sc. or higher in Computer Science
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience, with at least 3 years of working on C++ projects
• Good English skills, both in verbal and written form
• Commitment to the highest quality in coding
• Passion for getting things done
• Proactive team player who is not afraid to take initiative to improve things
3. Considered as an advantage:
• Knowledge of Qt framework
• Knowledge of OpenGL ES 2.0
4. What we offer:
• Being part of one of the fastest growing high-tech companies in Croatia
• Working in a dynamic and vibrant team using the latest and cutting-edge technologies with open-ended possibilities for innovation
• Fun and relaxed, yet passionate working environment - we like to work hard and when the time comes, play even harder
• Limitless opportunities for personal career growth and professional improvement
• Occasionally ... you get the chance to ride in some really fancy cars - like Jaguar, Aston Martin and the like
We thank all those who submit applications for this role and will be reviewing all resumes fully. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.