Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We are looking for a Senior CFD Engineer who will help us develop state-of-the-art components such as gearboxes, electric motors, inverters, battery packs, cooling systems, etc. The candidate should offer innovative and forward-thinking solutions and acts pro-actively. The candidate will carry out a CFD analysis and analyze the results based on the input from various departments – design, powertrain engineering, battery development, power electronics, etc.
The ideal candidate should have a strong passion for cars, technology and engineering with a background in mechanical engineering education and additional projects within the industry.
• Developing full cooling systems for vehicles
• Developing and executing cooling systems for components
• Analysis of fluid systems
• Collecting and analyzing test data
• Suggesting improvements based on the collected data
• Document findings, communicating results and making technical presentations
• Supporting test activities both on and off-site
• Optimization and validation of solutions that involve cooling
• Being the technical-reference person for all CFD engineers who work in the CAE team
• Master’s degree in physics, mechanical or aerospace engineering
• At least 5 years of professional experience
• Advanced knowledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid dynamics
• Advanced knowledge of software for CFD analysis – OpenFoam preferred
• Advanced knowledge of meshing software – ANSA preferred
• A high level of technical knowledge and experience with cooling component systems and their efficiency
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Skilled in organization, planning and mentoring
3. Considered as an advantage:
• Knowledge of dielectric coolants
• Understanding of components for electric vehicles
• Experience in the automotive industry