Rimac Automobili is looking for a VCU Developer (Embedded SW Integrator). As a young technology company driven by innovation, Rimac is always looking for talented people with awesome ideas.
Rimac Automobili provides technology solutions for various vehicle manufacturers and companies in other industries, along with the development of our own Rimac Hypercars program. Our teams have developed both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One, as well as numerous other public and secret projects, positioning Rimac Automobili as a leader in the development and production of high-performance technology solutions.
You will be working on the implementation of embedded software solutions for the Vehicle Control Unit, which is the main powertrain computer in the vehicle. The VCU controls all subsystems: the BCU, the PDU, the DCDC, the motor controller, cooling algorithms, torque control device (including torque vectoring), etc. Your workplace will be very dynamic and will include many different and interesting tasks, from the development of the application layer of software to commissioning - all while having lots of fun during vehicle testing at various testing grounds, tracks and races. You can expect to learn all about the architecture of electric vehicles in general, and see how the fastest one in existence works first-hand.
If you want to be a part of our team and work on challenging and exciting projects which aim to re-define the automotive and technology industries, let us know. We would love to hear from you.
• Design and implementation of software for Vehicle Control Unit systems on in-house developed hardware platforms from requirements to serial production
• Design, development, coding, testing and debugging system software
• Developing new and integrating existing application solutions and algorithms
• Understanding overall vehicle definitions and system layouts
• Reviewing code and design
• Analyzing and enhancing efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Supporting software QA and optimizing performance
• Providing post-production support
• Developing system algorithms and Finite State Machines for the handling of various vehicle subsystems
• Defining system hardware and software architecture
• System integration of firmware with hardware and mechanics
• Both Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) and “bare metal” programming
• ISO26262 compliance in the development process (if required)
• 3+ years experience in embedded software engineering
• MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or proven equivalent in experience
• Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Programming experience in C/C++
• Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, communication protocols (UART, CAN, SPI, LIN), interfaces and hardware subsystems
• Excellent understanding and development of low-level drivers for microcontroller peripherals – DI, DO, ADC, DAC, Timers, PWM, DMA, Watchdog, etc.
• Experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, static code analysis, unit testing and peer review
• Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and components data sheets
• Strong documentation and writing skills
• Self-organized and goal-oriented
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential
3. Considered as an advantage:
• Extensive experience in the development and integration of products in the automotive sector (especially EV)
• Hands-on experience in the development of ECU hardware and software
• Standard understanding of EV components and architecture
• Broad experience in engineering
• Experience in CAN tools such as Vector CANalyzer, script languages and Matlab/Simulink
• Experience with the ISO26262 development process