Rimac Automobili is a technological powerhouse, manufacturing electric supercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams have developed both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One, as well as for numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac Automobili as a leader in the development and production of high-performance EV technology solutions.
We are now looking for a Vehicle Control Systems Engineer who will help shape the character of our future supercars.
You will be writing control algorithms for the Vehicle Control Unit and the lower level Electronic Control Units. Your task will be to correlate subjective and objective measures of vehicle handling, interacting with system designers and embedded software engineers while dealing with every car system.
The VCU controls main car functions and all ECU subsystems, including: the BCU, the PDU, DC/DC, the motor controller, cooling algorithms, and torque control device (including torque vectoring). Your workplace will be very dynamic and will include many different and interesting tasks, from the development of control algorithms to supporting embedded software engineers, right through to commissioning - all the while having endless fun during vehicle testing at various testing grounds, tracks and races. You can expect to learn everything about the architecture of electric vehicles and experience first-hand how the fastest one in existence works.
If you want to be a part of our team and work on challenging and exciting projects which aim to redefine the automotive and technology industries, get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
Application and CV must be in English
• Developing control algorithms for electric vehicle systems
• Creating control logic documentation
• Testing and debugging systems in collaboration with our embedded software team
• Developing new and integrating existing application solutions and algorithms
• Developing system algorithms and designing Finite State Machines for the handling of various vehicle subsystems
• Close cooperation with electrical architecture engineers, embedded software engineers and system designers for systems such as cooling, charging, active aerodynamics, etc.
2. Day-to-Day Duties:
• Handling all types of electrical signals (analog and digital) and automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN, etc.)
• Managing control signals list in collaboration with electrical architecture engineers
• Creating and maintaining CAN database
• Simulating CAN bus load and control systems diagram
• Collaborating with different departments (Powertrain, Battery, Chassis, etc.) to investigate how systems work
• Writing logic algorithms for different control units based on input from different departments
• Preparing control logic documentation which will serve as input for embedded software development.
• Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
• Logical thinking and clear communication
• Working experience in the automotive industry
• Working experience in control systems engineering
• Very good knowledge of vehicle electrical architectures and characteristic functionalities of various automotive systems
• Familiarity with embedded software programming and tools
• Adequate knowledge of interpreting electrical schematics and component data sheets
• Experience in Matlab/Simulink
• Experience in embedded software engineering
• Experience in developing and executing calibration procedures
• Experience in integrating firmware with hardware and mechanics
• Experience in QA and performance optimisation
• Familiarity with ISO26262